Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Business Trip

I just learned (of course today-on one days notice) that tomorrow I get to go on my very first Business trip, in Rwanda that is, to Butare home of the National University of Rwanda. I am very excited to go but slightly apprehensive about the following things:

1. I am going to drop off materials I have been collecting for the "external review process" a process where 7-8 experts from Africa and Europe will review the school of public health to see if it is up to international standards. I thought that another professor here would accompany me, but now its unclear if he is able to, so this would mean I would represent the school. Which is fine, but how much do i really know about the examination/monitoring process, number of students who have dropped out, internships, etc....

2. I will have a driver. Fun--yet i feel slightly driving miss daisy about the whole thing...especially if it is just me.

3. Actually, now I'm just making things up...i'm excited to go explore a new part of Rwanda. It's only about 2 hours away from kigali (like everything else in the country) and i get to stay in a hotel which will be a nice break from the host family situation...which by the way is going very well, BUT it will be nice not to be woken up every morning at 5:45 am by a lovely little voice (who turns 7 today) singing her ABC's and counting to 100.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does the little voice sing happy birthday to herself?